WELCOME ....,

If life can only be in one big EDIT mode ... I will be as happy as I can be. Welcome to my Yoville life and I will tell you all about it ... tips and tricks, gimmicks, designing wows and woes, glitches ? learning experience ... sharing whatever I know and a venue for your sharing too. Let us build Yoville art knowledge together ...

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Note #2 - Paintable Eggs and Whiteboard Work for Beginners

So you have that whiteboard from the mystery deals :D or maybe you have that "rare" paintable egg ... but each time you try to paint something on them, that cursor just wouldn't cooperate! I had the same problem ... I tried to keep that cursor as steady as I could to paint but each time I lift it off the board, the line I painted seem to kick up to the right :( bummer ...


Well, I don't really paint glorious designs and awesome art but I can try ... so don't expect me to tell you how to make incredible designs on these medium (but we shall come to that in future notes). What I will share with you is a leverage so that you can work on these medium with a little more ease and perhaps, better results. We shall use the profiler ... most people use this now but if you don't know it yet, this is for you ...


I use both Internet Explorer (IE) on PC and Firefox and Safari on Mac. A friend told me the profiler works better on IE. For me, they just work the same. I just find that the profiler on Firefox stalls a bit or maybe loads longer (like 30 sec) when you first click it then everything will be fine and you can proceed with your work.

You can research what a profiler is if you want to because there are so many definitions of it as a tool so I'm not discussing any of that here. Basically I would say it is an instruction set simulator which is also — by necessity — a profiler, that can measure the totality of a program's behaviour from invocation to termination. Let's start ...




Double-click on the whiteboard (or egg). You will get a working version of the item magnified on the screen 


Right click on a screen; menu appears (Left) Click on "show profiler" and there will be a shaded area on top of your game window, right click on the shaded area and your screen will be similar to the pic on the right



 









Click "zoom in" and you will have a more magnified version of the medium you are going to work on. You can move the board or the egg by holding it at the top then dragging it around the screen for a better view. Be sure to click "locked" on the left bottom side of the item pop-up. The color palette is at the bottom, click on the color you want to use and there is an erase button at the very bottom in case you need it.  Start drawing ... 



The idea here is for you to work on a more magnified view and take better control of the cursor in painting or writing. To exit, place your cursor on the shaded area on top, click "zoom out"



 

Right click on the screen then click on "hide profiler". You will be brought back to the original screen view. 





Happy drawing !!! Practice on this and we shall get to more advanced "lessons" in future notes. I welcome any addition, correction, suggestions with regard to this note. Thank you and God bless !!!